Faculty and Staff Session with Dr. Jim Henry: Responding to the Events at MSU
This session will cover:
– The impact of primary and secondary trauma on staff and faculty.
– What the likely emotional, psychological, and relational needs of students and colleagues are given the tragic events at MSU
– Understanding traumatic impact
– Searching for meaning making
– Building resiliency
– Warning signs of PTSD
– How can faculty and staff can best support each other. What will be most helpful to them?
About the Speaker: Dr. Jim Henry, Ph.D.
Dr. Jim Henry, PhD. has led the trauma responses in Oxford, MI following the tragic school shooting in 2021. He has directed over 6000 trauma assessments at WMU Children’s Trauma Assessment Center and trained over 150,000 professionals, parents, and community members on trauma and resiliency. Dr. Henry received his Interdisciplinary Doctorate in Social Science with a Concentration in Social Work & Developmental Psychology from Michigan State University.