…Read more Less…
This event will provide opportunities to become more familiar with MSU’s supported student response system (iClicker).
- Session 1 - This 45-minute session will feature guest faculty sharing their experiences of using iClicker in their courses.
- Session 2 - In this 75-minute workshop session, we will delve into the details of setting up and using iClicker. We will include interactive demonstrations; active participants will leave with an iClicker course ready to go. Topics will include:
- Creating an account and setting up an iClicker course
- Integration with D2L and different presentation software
- Running a class (face-to-face, remote, hybrid, or asynchronous)
- Student experience
- Session 3 - In this 60-minute “Lunch & Learn” session, we will revisit the “big picture” of when and why to use iClicker with our guest faculty and open the discussion to attendees.
- Mini-Sessions. After lunch, we will use self-selected Zoom breakout rooms to split up for detailed Q&A with iClicker technologists and MSU IT specialists for 1-1 iClicker support or platform-specific questions. Each Mini-session is 5-45 minutes.
- In-depth Look at the iClicker Gradebook - Glen Garrett
- Asynchronous Assignments Feature - David Maltby
- iClicker \ D2L Integrating the Gradebooks - Dianne Sod
- Dashboards and Study Tools for Students - Nicole Skwarek
- Onboarding your students/FDOC prep - Abby Talbert
- Creative use of polling questions and settings - Camille Wilcox
- Using iClicker in Hybrid situations AND non-traditional applications - Ryan Leader
- Maximizing the Utility of iClicker - Mark Kruckenberg
Learn more about iClicker here:
- The MSU Tools and Technologies self-enrollment “course” has a content module with detailed resources for using iClicker at MSU.
- Quick iClicker overview video