MSU International Networking Webinar
From worklife WorkLife Office on March 26th, 2020
ProgramIntroductory Materials and Information
- Please download this "New to MSU" guide to get started! (Requires MSU NetID to access)
- Visit worklife.msu.edu for more information, resources, and support.
- This event took place Thursday 2020-03-26
- John Girdwood, WorkLife Office (Host and Facilitator)
- Antoinette Tessmer (Faculty and Volunteer Mentors for International Newcomers)
- Brooke Stokdyk, Assistant Director, Office for International Students and Scholars
- Neringa Tuyilingire, International Student and Scholar Advisor, Office for International Students and Scholars
- Cindy Leverich, Director of Academic Leadership Development, Academic Advancement Network
- Barbara Roberts, Executive Director, WorkLife Office
- Paoline Prevost (post-doc)
- Ramjee Ghimire (post-doc)
- S. Shawn Wei (Endowed Assistant Professor of Geological Sciences)
As you look back upon your experiences at MSU since your arrival, do you feel that your place of origin, ethnicity, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age and/or ability/disability or other personal characteristics affected your experiences as a newcomer to MSU? If so, could you describe your experience and how your identity or identities impacted you?
Considering the ways in which people are identified by others and how people choose to identify, how did your identity or identities impact your experience as a new faculty or staff member at MSU?
When you were a newcomer, in your experience - What did you notice, what stood out for you, what helped you, what funny things happened to you, what did you find difficult...?
Talk about the shared experience of those who are formerly “new”-comers. The panelists have experience to offer/share with the participants, which will stimulate questions to the panel from the group.PART 4: Questions from Attendees
- Barbara Roberts will facilitate an interactive session
End of Webinar