ThinkIn: "The Future of Design in Education" with Paul Hershey and Cameron Cress
From Shillo Amari Wright
Our April 2016 ThinkIn features Paul Hershey and Cameron Cress of Bisk Education, who will be leading an open conversation about informal learning assessment.
A UX/UI designer with experience in an extensive range of projects in the educational space with companies such as Riptide, CodeSchool and Pluralsight.
A UX/UI designer at Bisk Education with nearly a decade of experience designing digital products for early-stage startups — and a passion for solving fundamental problems with design.
- Let’s discuss the future of design and explore how it can improve education. Join us in this open dialogue to discuss topics including:
- What is user experience design (UX) and why is it relevant for education today?
- What opportunities does the field of UX open up for education? What challenges can it help address?
- What roles will AI and AR play in the future of learning?
- What challenges might UX, LX, AI and AR pose to systems of education? For instance, what role does the “digital divide” play in the conversation?
- How can education benefit from the disappearance of the “graphical user interface” and the rise of conversational UI?
- How can we use neuroscience to design effective learning experiences for students?
- Stakeholder buyin is something we all struggle with in UX. How does that translate to LX in academia?
- Where is this headed? What is the future of LX/UX in education from your point of view?
Join the conversation, or just listen in!